Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sausage and Sprouts

Thank you Gardner's Gladiolas.
My husband loves brussel sprouts. Me - not such a big fan. But sometimes, when produce is scarce, like when you are trying to be a CNY Bounty purist in the middle of winter, you gotta say - "What the heck, bring on the brussel sprouts." Prepared this way - thin sliced and sauteed then tossed with fresh gala apple slices, well, I might become a convert. The meat is a chorizo sausage from Purdy's. Finishing up with some more cornbread (waste not, want not) and in the glass - Red Jacket Orchard's apple cider.

1 comment:

  1. I am with Larry on this one. I spent almost an entire year (while in school on a non-existent budget) eating brussel sprouts and still love them! I ordered brussel sprouts from Gardent's Gladiolas a few weeks ago too and can't believe how well they store.

    ReplyDelete