Friday, April 2, 2010

Pretty Pasta Primavera and Pork Chops

I didn't have my camera handy Wednesday night, but I should have because this meal was absolutely beautiful.

We had been outside enjoying the spring weather. I hadn't even given dinner a thought. When I asked my husband what he'd like, he gave his usual reply "Whatever's easy". So, I went to the freezer and took a look. My eyes lit on a package of pork chops from Drover Hill Farms and the Rigatoni pasta from the Pasta Shoppe. I went to the other freezer for a quart of Marinara Sauce from the Pasta Shoppe. Then to the refrigerator for the remainder of the Oyster Mushrooms from The Imaginery Farmer (I love that name) and the Baby Pak Choi from Fingerlakes Fresh.

Just cut up the Pak Choi and the mushroom and placed it in the marinara sauce on the back burner while the pork chops fried in a touch of lard and the pasta cooked on the two front burners.

Served up the pasta, topped with the marinara primavera and then the pork chop. Delish! Larry finished off the leftovers for Thursday lunch - darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment