Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bounty Delivery - Right to My Door

Our biggest CNY Bounty order arrived today. The salad bouquet from Finger Lakes Fresh looks so fresh - crisp, green, edges sharp, not curled and brown like in the grocery stores. These greens are grown hydroponically and come with the roots intact to even better preserve their freshness. I'm sure they will make a scrumptious salad.

Didn't get the marinara sauce that we ordered. Sometimes the orders just outpace the website I guess. Well, I did wait until the last minute. I'll know better next time.

I loved the meat we have purchased before from Drover Hill. Trying the hotdogs this week. They are some of the best looking hotdogs I've ever seen. Better even than Hoffmans. I like Drover Hill bologna, so I'm sure these will be great. I'll let you know.

The beef brisket from Maple Avenue Farms weighed in at 1.7 pounds. Just right for dinner for two with left overs for a lunch. We like squash, but always find that the squash in the grocery stores are too big for us. I am not so creative with leftover squash, so we always waste a lot. The butternut squash in our Bounty order was called "Small" and it is just the perfect size for our dinner. I'm glad that I won't have to deal with the guilt of waste.

Oooh, the loaf of bread from Whispering Pines is so light and fluffy and perfectly golden brown. I baked blue ribbon bread when I was in 4H and this is so much better than that ever looked. I am humbled. The strawberry tarts from Whispering Pines are also beautiful with little star cutout centers to let the filling show and the star laid on top as an accent. Good tasting fresh food that is pretty. It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment